Terra Verde Homestead is a 10 acre farm in northern Wellington County, 20 km south-east of Mount Forest. 2 acres of the farm is dedicated to a certified organic market garden and Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). The remaining acres in pasture and nut and fruit tree plantings. This diversity is complemented by honeybees and heirloom chickens, ducks, and Guinea Fowl. We also have a menagerie of animals including Kune Kune pigs, alpacas, and a llama.
To learn more, read Terra Verde: Using Trees to Create Micro Climates and Moderate Climate Change, an article profiling our farm in the Rural Voice magazine.
- Use all certified organic seeds and amendments
- Follow organic, ecological, and permaculture methods to ensure a sound ecosystem
- Increase soil health and farm yields by using such practices as green manure, cover crops, and organic amendments
- Encourage plant and animal diversity through the planting of native wildflowers and provision of habitat
- Moderate climate effects with the use of windbreaks, alley cropping, and silvopasture
- Raise animals in a caring and natural manner with free access to fresh air, water, and outdoor space
- Bring food production back to the community and fostering positive and transparent relationships with consumers
- Make the growing, harvesting, and sharing of healthy food a joyful experience!
9473 Sideroad 7, RR1 Conn, ON N0G 1N0